Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Morning Routine

Mmmm...breakfast! The most important meal of the day. I keep telling Brad this, but he still only drinks a million cups of coffee for 'breakfast'. Oh well, guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Speaking of dogs, ours start my morning ritual. Miss Hunnie, our 9-yr old Spitz/Jack Russell mix is the one that actually gets me out of bed in the morning, but I am awake much sooner as a result of Casey, our 9-yr old Australian Shepard/Dalmation mix. Casey is the nervous one, Miss Hunnie is full of pissy attitude; quite the combination. I usually hear Casey pacing the floors and scratching her ears about an hour before Miss Hunnie actually gets up and moving about. I take them out and then I make breakfast. The daily special has been oatmeal since it turned cold. That's oatmeal in the picture above, in case you had any doubts. Bascially, it's one banana, honey, craisins, 1/3 cup oatmeal, and milk. I pop it in the microwave for 5.5 minutes on med. power and then sit down at the computer to check email and read blogs. On this morning, however, I sat down with my oatmeal to write a post. Next, I'll feed the girls and be off to the shower.

Casey and Miss Hunnie usually wait patiently until I've eaten and then the mad (litterally angry and fast) dash begins to the room where we feed them. There is lots of growling and whining from both and then sometimes, they won't even eat. We're just amazed that the two of them can even be in the same room now, though they keep their boundaries in their own way. For instance, while they wait for me, they lay on opposites sides of the room.
This picture I managed to get simply because the camera meant mom was paying them attention to get the perfect shot. One year ago, this would have resulted in a fight and a very expensive vet bill. They're cute, but a handful!
I did manage to get quite a bit of organization done yesterday for the business. I'm very pleased with my progress. I feel slightly better about walking into the unknown. At least I'll be somewhat organized, right? I got my inventory receipts cataloged from last year and started a log for this year, made some folders for taxes, and even looked into some advertising. All-in-all, a very productive day. We'll see if today can be just as productive.
The girls have been fed so it's time for that shower. Later, y'all!

No comments: